Monday 16 September 2013

Interview with Cynosure is Mused

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Your blog, and your aspirations and your hobbies!!

Tell me about yourself? This question is the one which has already haunted many of us, and those who have not faced it, will go through it sometime in the future when they’ll face job interviews. Anyways, coming back to the question.

Firstly, my name is Sarabjeet Singh and I’m a masters student. My blog is Cynosure is Mused (http://www.musedcynosure.com/). I write with the pen name “Cynosure”. I started blogging 5 years back, actually my sister made me start it. Frankly speaking, I love to write, because according to me, I can express more in writing than talking. Don’t know how, but unlike many others, I continued writing and here is the result.

Hobbies: Photography, cartoon making, reading books, Research articles. (I’m less into movies and blogging everyone knows)

2. How you first got involved in with blogging, are you an imaginative person?

When I joined my btech college, my sister(http://memoirwithin.blogspot.com/) asked me to start something like this. Don’t remember exactly that how it started, but somehow I got interested in it, and since then never stopped it.

Imaginative, yeahh little bit in a way. But for writing, I’d say what I write is mostly what I encounter or come across in my day to day life.



3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?

As I mentioned earlier that I write is mostly what I encounter or come across in my day to day life. Its nothing like that my blog is based on some special theme. Its totally my feeling and thought that are reflected over there. So frankly, nothing challenging is there. I enjoy it.

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?

There are many blogs whom I keep on my finger tips and read them quite often. But as of meeting people, after I came to Bangalore, I met Akshay Kumar G (http://akkishaki.blogspot.in/), the only significant personality I remember.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?

Totally Random, Someone who writes totally and truly whatever comes to his mind.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?

Studying(as I’m a student) or reading novels or internet surfing.

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?

No targets yet. Its just a hobby. That’s why when someone asks me about monetizing the blog, I just say, its personal blog, so don’t let me ruin it with ads.

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?

I don’t think I do any networking. I’m just on indiblogger and have one page on FB(both are rarely updated)

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.

Well, I also have only one blog. Topics…they all are what comes to my mind in day to day life or whatever comes across me. That’s why its easy for me to blog :P

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?

Scribble, whatever I feel. Don’t hurt anyone’s feeling, but don’t hide my own feelings too.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?

Don’t fear the professional bloggers, Just forget about the world, and write what you feel like. Remember that they also started sometimes and they were also newbie’s at that time. Focus more on content rather than fearing the world and writing consciously. And don’t start worrying about the money if you’re planning to do so from the beginning.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?

Content and readers.

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

Good content and true and unbiased thoughts.

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?

I don’t think I’m the right person to answer this question. I don’t do it for earning money.





15. What motivates you most in life?

I try to get positive from my surroundings. That acts as the best motivation for me.

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?

A little bit from my visit to their blogs and rest google. From the last one year indiblogger and FB are also contributing to it. I don’t have any specific strategy, have just put some automatic feed system.

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?

Content development process was never a challenge. Just write anything.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?

Least favorite: I don’t recall if any such post exists.

Most favorite: Daastaane dil…!!! (http://www.musedcynosure.com/2013/02/blog-post.html)

Reason: can’t tell, its personal.

And Dil Bechoon, Hai Koi Lene Wala...??? Aise-Waise ko Nhi Dene Wala...!!! :P (http://www.musedcynosure.com/2012/02/dil-bechoon-hai-koi-lene-wala-aise.html)

Reason: I just love this song.

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?

I’d like to mention couple of names starting with “Simran Kaur” (http://myfriendshipsimran.blogspot.in). A young kid, still in school, but you’ll never feel that way until and unless you see her. She seriously seemed to me like a blessed kid.

Other good one’s are Inderdeep Kaur (http://memoirwithin.blogspot.in/), Saru Singhal (http://www.sarusinghal.com/) , Deepak Karthik (http://www.deepakkarthik.com/) , Arshat Chaudhary (http://thetimepassofindia.blogspot.in/), Akshay Kumar G (http://akkishaki.blogspot.in/) , Richa (http://enrichingmyodyssey.blogspot.in/), Deepak Amembal (http://mumbai-eyed.blogspot.in/).

These blogs are always on my finger tips.

20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?

Story…My sister gave it to me.

21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?

Well, I’m not active on any, but comparatively more active on indiblogger. I’ve been to couple of blogger meets by indiblogger and one blog meet by aircel. The experiences there to meet other bloggers is awesome. Can’t be mentioned here.

22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?

When someone goes too much into the details of their personal life.

23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?

Category labels, email feeds and archive

24. Five adjectives that describe you.

Judgemental, Reserved/introvert, secret admirer (never lets anyone know this), good observer, good reader.
well soon everyone will be able to add “Photographer” also as an adjective. ;)

25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?

Secret by Rhonda Byrne

26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??

I don’t think so. Even my friends say that its tough to provoke me.

27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?

No.

28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?

Judgemental, yes very much. Taking sides or being neutral depends on situation and my mood that how much I’m in a mood to get involved.

29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?

I don’t think there’s much I tell you about as I don’t have much(my schedule don’t give me much time). As per record, I’m into social networking, but activity and interaction wise, I’m very less into social networking.

30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?

Poetry attracts me the most. Avoiding part, I don’t think I avoid any think, until something gets too boring for me(very rare)

31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?

Contests: they are good, but I don’t participate in any. I write just because I want to. I can’t write by someone imposing topic on me.

Plagiarism (A question for those who do so): “My dear friends, Do you really think you’ll get fame and money by copying? For how long will you survive in this world full of competition?”

32. Words for me and my blog.

Till now, I have had very less interaction with you to say anything, but for your blog, an awesome initiative. Super cool genre for the blog which can never be ignored by anyone.

33. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.



About 2 years back or so, a wave of award giving came for few months. I also was driven away with that. But soon I realized its just timepass. So I stopped participating in it. So for now, I’m against them. Obviously, now when I look back, I laugh at myself.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks man...
    I guess I'm too late for the thanks...(was really busy with something)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarab, it was nice to read more about you, to get to know you better. I was not aware I was mentioned in this post, just came here to read the interview and was pleasantly surprised to see my name here. It was wonderful to have met you as well. Thank you for your kind words, the feelings are mutual. Keep it up, bud. :)

    ReplyDelete