Friday 20 September 2013

Interview with Valli -The Poet

1.  Can you tell us a little about yourself? Your blog, and your aspirations and your hobbies!!

I am just another girl who is simple, creative, friendly and fun loving. I love to daydream a lot and I enjoy spending time with nature. I have three blogs -

http://poetrymyfeelings.blogspot.com
http://artsycraftsywork.blogspot.com
http://hrudayakavitha.blogspot.com

My blogs are all about poetry and art. I express my world of thoughts using them as medium.

2. How you first got involved in with blogging, are you an imaginative person?

Initially, I created a blog to keep all my poems at one place like a backup. I didn't know much about blogging then. Slowly, I discovered its true essence.

Blogging was a happy accident to me. It just happened by googling “How to create a blog?” on a dully and dreary day. And…Yes, I am an imaginative person.

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?

I don’t have any challenging thing as such. I just write with the flow, whatever comes to my mind. But, try to filter my thoughts and express them in a more refined and creative way.

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
I've met many people online but none of them in my real life.


5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?

Simple,Touching and Creative.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?

I would draw or paint or daydream or just do nothing!

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?

I don’t know!! Let’s wait and watch. Frankly, I didn’t keep any goals for blogging.

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?

Firstly, I don’t feel blogging as business. I feel it as a medium to share my thoughts and express myself. I have a page on Facebook where I promote my posts. I get some audience from there.





9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.


Everyday events in life, examining the surroundings, imagination, romantic inclination with a pinch of creativity and last but not the least emotions or feelings - The combination of any of these are the inputs to the content I post.

10. What’s your strategy with your blog in general?

I don’t have any strategy.

11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?

Concentrate on building quality content and socialize to gather readers.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?

Content, as it is the heart of any blog, next comes the readers, blogging would appear dull without them, and then, the rest of the other things.

13. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

Make them feel what you felt while writing the post. Evoke emotions in them.

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?



I didn’t make any money out of blogging, So, I don’t have any tips to share.

15. What motivates you most in life?
Life experiences whether good or bad.

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?

Sharing my posts on Indiblogger, facebook, google+. Exploring other blogs and commenting on their posts. I’ve got good visibility implementing these things.

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?

Content development came with time and flow; I just tried to improve my writing with every post.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?

My favourite post till now -


I don’t have a least favourite. I won’t publish a post if I am not satisfied with it. It would be saved in drafts for improvement.


19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?

Many to mention.

20. What is the story behind the name of the blog?

There is no big story, as my poetry is reflection of my thoughts and feelings, I named it as Poetry – Reflection of my feelings. But, I thought I should include a word called ‘Poetry’ because of my love for it.

And coming to my arts blog I named it as “When my pencil speaks” I don’t have any story behind creating this title. I just thought it should be creative and catchy.


21. Your connection with any Blogger Network like Indi blogger or Writeupcafe or any other and the experience?

It was great experience. I came across many other talented bloggers and discovered many beautiful blogs too! I login to Indiblogger account at least once a week.

22. Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?

I don’t know much about other genres to analyse them.

23. Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?

n-relate. It links all the related posts after every post.

24. Five adjectives that describe you.

Creative
Emotional
Dreamy
Lazy
Romantic


25. What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?

I don’t read books much.

26. Do you get easily provoked by positive/negative comments??

Sometimes yes for negative comments, if they are not intended for improvement but just to provoke you. However, I accept negative comments if they have a valid point in them. I don’t like fake positive comments too! 

27. Do you plan to write a book, as every bloggers dream it is?

No plans as of now may be in the future.
  
28. Are you a judgmental person, do you prefer to take sides instead of standing neutral?

I judge all the sides, but try to stand neutral.

29. Your collaboration with other bloggers, are you much into social networking, tell us everything about it?

I made very good friends through blogosphere and social networking. I’ve got more friends in virtual world than in real world.

30. What genre attracts you the most and which genre you avoid?

As I said earlier, I don’t know much about other genres. But I love all genres related to poetry and art.

31. Your Views on Contests and increasing plagiarism?

Contests make me think out of the box, they make me write differently from the way I usually write. On the other hand, makes me feel restless until the results are announced. On Plagiarism – A serious threat to originality and creativity. It’s so cheap to steal others works and call them as theirs. I pity those people who try to impress others using some others works because they can’t maintain the impression they create for long.

32. Words for me and my blog.

I liked your idea of conducting blogger interviews. Hope you come up with many such ideas in future. All the best J

33. On winning the Award/s , Are they Really necessary.


Winning them will surely make us feel good.  But, one should not take them too seriously. 

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome idea... Blogger's interview...
    It helps us get to know more about the persons behind the blogs we love...

    Good work!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete